It’s just amazing to see what we have accomplished in such a short period of time.
The original building's corner stone was relocated and new blocks were placed in the wall cavity to match the other existing pier. More concrete and stone debris was hauled away.
The remaining HVAC duct bulkheads were built in the rear classrooms.
Hardie board siding was delivered.
The outside cement blocks above and below the old windows were power washed. This include both front and back of the building. It’s amazing how good they now look. Also years of black grime and probably mold were power washed off the backside of the building.
Cabinet blocking were installed in the warming kitchen. These will be used to secure the upper and lower cabinets.
The overhead roll up door contractor was on-site to measure the openings for the doors and countertops. A few wall studs had to be moved in order for the counter tops to fit.
The remaining Pella windows arrived. The hollow metal doors also arrived. Every door opening in the existing building to include the new rooms we built will receive a new door frame and door.
The store front window company was on-site to replace the front windows. They worked quickly installing the frames and then the individual windows. They really look nice.
The order of plywood arrived.
The much anticipated arrival of the Mission Builders took place. Gene and Caryl arrived 1st, followed by Steve and Carole, Arvin and Sue and then Gordon and Bonnie.
Together with our team we quickly got to work “Building” the 1st set of walls that attach to the existing building. These walls have the large opening into the Narthex, a window into the nursing mothers room and a door into the sanctuary.
Next we started building the 24 foot high front walls. A very involved process of building headers and stools for all of the windows. Then horizontal blocking for stabilization. If you haven’t seen our handy work, please take a few minutes to stop by.
It’s so hard to actually describe the work that is being done, but we hope the pictures help.
So thankful for our amazing building team and our Mission Builders team. Such a terrific group of dedicated individuals to help build our church.
So thankful to all of our suppliers who met or exceeded our expectations and delivered our necessary materials. Unlike last year it was a struggle to obtain everything in a timely manner.
Thanks for all you do
A few busy and productive few weeks working at church. It’s just hard to work, take pictures and keep track of all that was done.
We cut a hole in the warming kitchen wall into the boiler room to allow the HVAC contractor to run a return duct into the space.
More duct work was completed in the warming kitchen and conference room. It’s a slow process but we can see that the contractor is making progress.
We built a temporary door frame and recycled a door for the warming kitchen. Just another step to provide security for the building. Keyed door locks to match existing door lock.
Repaired stones in rear wall of the boiler room and repaired concrete floors in warming kitchen and boiler room floor.
Once the HVAC contractors ran the supply ducts in the hallway ceiling the team then had to build a new ceiling frame and then covered it with drywall.
We received a massive lumber delivery, which is part of the materials needed to build the new sanctuary. If you notice they spelled Rejoice incorrectly. LOL
Built bulkheads around duct work in the front offices, which will eventually be covered with drywall.
We dug and poured footers for fire hydrant barriers. The fire hydrant sits a little close to the parking lot so this should protect it. We also poured/repaired the men’s room floor.
Concrete masons repaired several cinder block door openings.
The building team works tirelessly getting the building ready for occupancy. So many small projects going on at one time. I am so thankful for the team and all of their efforts. We are always looking for help, feel free to stop by any day to lend a hand.
Thanks for all that you do.