Just another very productive and tiring day working at the Annex. Thankful for the morning devotions conducted by Mission Builders and the unlimited supply of water.
Last week we cut out the HVAC ducts in the concrete floor and blocked off the return ducts under the concrete floor. So this week we poured 3/4 of a yard of concrete in the holes, which worked out great. We spent $165 for the u-cart concrete, but it was funded from our remaining metal recycle money. Amazing how fast concrete sets when the inside temperature is well over 100 degrees!
We removed one of the breaker boxes from the fellowship hall, which no longer will be used in the remodel.
Next we removed most of the lights in the fellowship hall, which were no longer working as the ballast were all broken. They will be replaced with energy efficient LED lights.
We also straighten up the fellowship hall with more cleaning upcoming.
Lastly, we helped Mission Builders stand up one of the warming kitchen walls in the old sanctuary.
And like most work days we took 2 trucks to the recycler, which were the remaining fellowship hall wall heating units weighing in at 1,280 lbs and it paid $51.20.
Thanks for powering through the excessive heat! You guys are just awesome.
As you know we had another very productive day working at the Annex in spite of the sweltering heat inside. Hard to believe it was cooler outside!
The task of cutting up those gigantic heavy HVAC ducts was a real challenge. We took 4 truck loads of scrap meat to the recycler weighing in at 1,740 lbs, which paid $104.40
We then cleaned up the remaining debris, which will be hauled away at our next work day and cleaned up some of the fellowship hallway.
When we started this project my goal was to ensure the demo work was done before mission builders arrived to start building. We really did accomplish that goal as Mission Builders is just beginning to build next week. The demo work that is left to be done is more cosmetic to include removing lights in the fellowship hall, pouring concrete and removing some more doors. I learned this week in spite of what we thought was the plan it has changed and we will be removing the hallway ceiling to expose the rafters so that Mission Builders can remove specific rafters.
Thank you for your continued support