We spent a lot of time this week continuing to install the 3 layers of fire rated drywall. It’s a tedious job but completely necessary. Each layer the seems have to be offset and caulked with fire rated caulking. We have questioned the need for this and wondered if it really worked. Steve Schenk put together 2 samples and attempted to burn them and it was amazing to see how it passed the test. So we are now believers.
A larger floor opening had to be broken out in the warming kitchen. Another fun job hanging on for dear life to the impact drill as it often sends you spinning and wraps you around the drill.
We built the soffit structure that will house the air ducts in the conference room.
We also got up on the roof to re-secure some of the water resistant roofing paper. Still trying to get a roofer on contract. You would think that would be an easy process but not the case as we have standard asphalt roofing and rubbering roofing for the curved roofs.
We removed the A/C cabinets from the wall in the fellowship hall and built studs and plywood to in fill the space. Insulation to come later.
We started installing the metal studs in the fellowship hall.
Plumbers were very busy digging trenches to run their sewer pipes under ground.
Site contractors dug across Quarterfield Road as they work to install the new fire hydrant.
We spent time moving temporary support posts on the front of the church in preparation for the concrete slab pour.
We spent a few days cutting and installing furring strips in the conference room pop up. Thankfully the scaffolding is still in place!
Concrete contractors insulated the foundation, sealed the foundation and back filled the foundation.
It’s really hard to keep track of what we do everyday and even more difficult to take pictures all day as we are just working hard.
So proud of the team and your accomplishments. As Steve reported on Sunday the amount of volunteers hours you put into this project is over the top. Congratulations to each of you for a job well done.