Just another very productive and tiring day working at the Annex. Thankful for the morning devotions conducted by Mission Builders and the unlimited supply of water.
Last week we cut out the HVAC ducts in the concrete floor and blocked off the return ducts under the concrete floor. So this week we poured 3/4 of a yard of concrete in the holes, which worked out great. We spent $165 for the u-cart concrete, but it was funded from our remaining metal recycle money. Amazing how fast concrete sets when the inside temperature is well over 100 degrees!
We removed one of the breaker boxes from the fellowship hall, which no longer will be used in the remodel.
Next we removed most of the lights in the fellowship hall, which were no longer working as the ballast were all broken. They will be replaced with energy efficient LED lights.
We also straighten up the fellowship hall with more cleaning upcoming.
Lastly, we helped Mission Builders stand up one of the warming kitchen walls in the old sanctuary.
And like most work days we took 2 trucks to the recycler, which were the remaining fellowship hall wall heating units weighing in at 1,280 lbs and it paid $51.20.
Thanks for powering through the excessive heat! You guys are just awesome.
As you know we had another very productive day working at the Annex in spite of the sweltering heat inside. Hard to believe it was cooler outside!
The task of cutting up those gigantic heavy HVAC ducts was a real challenge. We took 4 truck loads of scrap meat to the recycler weighing in at 1,740 lbs, which paid $104.40
We then cleaned up the remaining debris, which will be hauled away at our next work day and cleaned up some of the fellowship hallway.
When we started this project my goal was to ensure the demo work was done before mission builders arrived to start building. We really did accomplish that goal as Mission Builders is just beginning to build next week. The demo work that is left to be done is more cosmetic to include removing lights in the fellowship hall, pouring concrete and removing some more doors. I learned this week in spite of what we thought was the plan it has changed and we will be removing the hallway ceiling to expose the rafters so that Mission Builders can remove specific rafters.
Thank you for your continued support
What a productive day we had today working at the Annex. In spite of the 97 plus temps outside and probably 110 inside you guys knocked it out of the park.
Today’s accomplishments. We removed all of the remaining HVAC duct work, which was really a challenge based on its size, weight and height. It came down with a crash and no one was injured, which was a plus.
We removed the remaining overhead boiler pipes. Even cutting 6 inch pieces to preserve the one closet full of shelves. Nice work guys.
Lastly, this entire project we have recycled every piece of metal and wire, which has paid for all of our building materials, saw blades etc…. Today Brian and Dave hauled off all of the copper piping in various shapes and forms. It weighed in at 836 lbs and unbelievably it paid ……..$1,794.68. I still can’t believe this! We will be sending this money to our offering counters and ask that the money be deposited in the Living Stones account.
We are nearing the finish line on our portion of the demo project. All of us have put in countless hours of our time, have received many bumps, cuts and bruises, countless trips to the dump and recycle center. I am so pleased to have such a great team to work with.
Now it’s time for Mission Builders to get started and we work side by side with them to complete this project.
by Steve Reiner
Once again the team knocked it out of the park today. A very long day, but I am just so happy with what the team accomplished.
The wall heater units in the fellowship hall have been removed as well as the last remaining one in the narthex. Just so much hard work to take them apart. These will be a challenge to lift and haul away to the recycler next week.
You removed the rust filled boiler pipes in the sanctuary ceiling and most of the fellowship hall. Just a lot of work cutting the pipes especially inside the closets. Not to mention the mess, which we will clean up later.
Removing the gigantic HVAC ducts from the sanctuary was a big challenge, but it’s done now. Most importantly no one got knocked off a ladder as they came crashing down to the floor. Lol
With Steve Schenk from Mission builders arriving Friday afternoon as you know I am now in panic mode as the build becomes real! The work load will certainly increase and we will need many hands to be successful.
After discussing with Steve Corkill today. We are going to try to keep the bathrooms operational as long as possible to save money on renting a porta potty. Steve continues to say what a great job and money saving effort the demo teaming is doing.
Thank you for your heavy lift today and continued support. You make me so proud to be part of the team.
Things we need from the congregation:
Continued prayer support
More volunteers helping with the build (skilled and unskilled)
Weekly bathroom cleanings as the building support team grows.